Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Kids Are Alright

Below are comments from the StarTribune website in response to an article about the Minneapolis-St. Paul Archdiocese's "presentation" to a local Catholic high school about the evils of gay marriage (see http://www.startribune.com/local/minneapolis/146031865.html).
  • Good for these youngsters for questioning the authoritarian feed from the Church. Maybe the Archdiocese should ask God why homosexuality exists amongst humans and animals. Maybe the Church could focus on the true teachings of the word by loving and accepting others regardless of what or how they are.
  • I am a practicing Catholic who is totally fed up with the awful leadership of the church. Now they are trying to brainwash young people. Little do they know that they are pushing people away from the church. Anyone with a mind can see what they are doing. The leaders of the church are so far away from the teachings of Jesus. I'm wondering how long I will be a practicing Catholic.
  • I have been a Catholic my entire life (66 years). I am so ashamed of the leadership in the church. I am horrified that they are trying to influence our young people with garbage such as this; bestiality? Are you kidding me? I am so proud of the students at DeLaSalle. I hope the seniors in the other Catholic high schools react in the same way. For the first time in my life, I am questioning my Catholic faith. I have to remember there are still leaders out there that follow their conscience and NOT the Archbishop's faulty philosophy.
  • Good way to alienate the next generation, neanderthal priests. Hopefully the government intrusive amendment will be defeated. Unfortunately, society will have to wait for the older generation to die out for their bigotry to finally fade.
  • The DeLaSalle students were clearly more knowledgeable and respectful than the presenters. Homosexuality equated with bestiality and "sociologically unstable" adopted kids are offensive to all right-minded people. The Catholic leaders (and I am one) are becoming pathological in their obsession.

No comments:

Post a Comment