Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Catholic, a Mormon and a Protestant Walk Into a Presidential Race . . . .

So, in high school and college when I was flirting with the Evangelical and fundie wing of the Protestant Christian religion, I was told by many many many fellow Christians - including peers, preachers, parents and professors - that Catholics were not "real Christians."  They told me that Catholics were deceived, unsaved people worshiping a false god in an evil church.  Some of my Christian-music heros at the time went so far as to publish lengthy anti-Catholic essays (see, e.g., Keith Green's writings that (as of 2/22/12) can be found at http://www.fmh-child.org/KeithGreen.html).  And Mormons, I was told, are even worse -- a laughable cult.

So who do the Evangelical Christians support now for President?  The Republican Catholic, or the Republican Mormon? They might want to consider the Democrat from the United Church of Christ!

Pretty funny stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment